Member of Software
Q. WHAT IS A SELF-INSTRUCTIONAL CURRICULUM?
- A self-instructional curriculum is one where the child receives the instruction for
each subject in the curriculum itself. A parent using this curriculum acts as a partner in
the learning rather than a full-time teacher. He/she provides guidance in difficult areas
and supervision over the students. This is ideal for a parent teaching more than one grade
level and ensures that the students receive the instruction they need in order to succeed.
It also allows parents time to be creative in their own instruction and implement programs
he/she would otherwise be unable to do.
- The School of Tomorrow self-instructional curriculum consists of twelve bite-size
packets of learning per subject in each grade level. These PACEs have frequent check
points (quizzes) and contain a review test of the entire PACE before the final test is
given. This allows time and practice for the students as they work toward mastery of
material. PACEs have the additional advantage of providing small, achievable units of
study, which is particularly suitable for children who seem to be overwhelmed when handed
an entire years worth of work in one volume.
Q. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY INDIVIDUALIZED CURRICULUM?
- Whether the student is a high-achiever, moderate-paced learner or one in need of
extra time to complete tasks, the School of Tomorrow educational process proceeds at the
exact level determined by the childs ability. Students advance through the
curriculum at the optimum rate of achievement for them. This is what is meant by
individualization. Individualization makes it possible for each student to master the
subject matter before moving on. Such mastery is the foundation upon which all future
learning is built.
Q. HOW DO YOU DETERMINE THE EXACT LEVEL AT WHICH A STUDENT SHOULD BEGIN?
- Before enrollment in the Academy, students are given a series of diagnostic tests
designed to place them into the program. These tests were developed by the SOfT to
diagnose specific learning deficiencies and strengths in each area of the curriculum. The
tests enable us to place the student at a level where he can achieve and experience the
joy of learning while achieving academic excellence.
Q. HOW DOES SCHOOL OF TOMORROW PROVIDE A MEANS OF ACHIEVING ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE?
- Individualization produces academic excellence. SOfT students continue to demonstrate
above-average achievement. One reason is because students take responsibility for their
own learning. Another reason is because of the character training in wisdom.
- SOfT individualized curriculum has been very carefully compiled to introduce children
to concrete and abstract reasoning skills at appropriate levels in conjunction with
maturation stages. Editors and writers were careful to develop PACEs with meticulously
chosen vocabulary that spiraled from simple to complex, from concrete to abstract, as
students progress from first grade through graduation.
- Before adolescence, children learn in curriculum (PACEs) that presents each new
concept five to seven times--line upon line, precept upon precept; focus is on the who,
what, when and where of information. Educators refer to this information as the knowledge
- After adolescence, students learn in PACEs that expand to the abstract or cognitive
level; focus is on why and how. This is referred to as the understanding dimension of
life. Junior and senior high students learn not only facts (knowledge) but also how those
facts relate to culture, science and history (understanding).
- This unique combination of academics and methodology, based on physiological
development patterns and Bible principles, sets SOfT curriculum apart from all other
curricula on the market. It provides mastery learning, critical analysis, cognitive
reasoning, and life from Gods perspective. These differences make SOfT the most
advanced educational package available anywhere in the world.
- Moreover, SOfT students go on to higher education and into business and professional
pursuits with confidence and superb educational background.
Q. HOW DOES SOfT PROVIDE CHARACTER TRAINING?
- Principles of character and illustrations of the character traits are sequenced in
cartoon and motivational form throughout each PACE.
- Emphasis is placed on one trait in each PACE.
- All sixty traits are presented on each grade level.
- Repetition from level to level reinforces each trait.
- Illustrations, activities and testing help the student gain an understanding of each
- Cartoon characters portray biblical character traits throughout the PACEs.
- The foundations of wisdom are also carefully laid. From the eighth level on, WISDOM
orientation and objectives guide the student in a practical development of walking with
Q. HOW DOES THIS CHARACTER TRAINING EFFECT CHILDREN?
- With SOfT, childrens minds are placed into a theistic world, with a
God-centered environment of absolutes and with principles of love as a resource and way of
life. They emerge with a greater, richer concept of God and how He wants them to live. A
definitive change occurs in the majority of the children on a day to day basis.
Q. WHAT SUBJECTS DOES SOfT PROVIDE?
- The SOfT curriculum provides reading, elementary, secondary and college courses. See "Detailed
Course Descriptions" section.
Call Now: 1-(800) 600-8342
For Our Very Affordable Pricing
746 5th Street
Sealy, TX 77474-2612